The Shetland Protection Committee undertakes all the duties of the child protection committee. The aim is to make sure all aspects of child protection work are done as well as possible so children and young people are kept safe from neglect and abuse. Children and Young People should get the help they need when they need it.
1. Picking up early on children and young people’s needs and supporting families to meet these. This helps prevent child abuse and neglect.
Getting it Right for Every Child (GIRFEC) in Shetland is the way we do this. Services that are available to everyone help with this.
For more information go to: http://www.shetland.gov.uk/children_and_families/GIRFEC.asp
In Shetland the Children and Young People’s Strategic Planning Group oversees a plan to make sure this happens.
To view the current plan for 2017-2020 click here
2. Providing good quality timely responses to the needs of children and young people at risk of abuse and neglect so that they are protected and kept safe.
CPC’s work concentrates on this aspect of safeguarding. Detailed information about the work done by CPC each year is published in its annual report. To view the most recent Annual Report click here
Services that are available to everyone help with this, as well as more targeted or specialist services to meet particular needs. Each child or young person will have their own plan setting out the support they need and how it will be provided.
Shetland Child Protection Committee (CPC) is a partnership with representation from:
- Shetland Islands Council
- NHS Shetland
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration
- Shetland Children’s Panel
- Voluntary Action Shetland
- Procurator Fiscal
Inspection of Integrated Children’s Services in Shetland
Internet Safety Day 2017
Police Scotland Youth Volunteers (PSYV) have made a film about two aspects of keeping safe online here is the link to that film -
In This Section
- For Everyone
- For Professionals
- For Children And Young People
- For Parents And Carers
- For Community Groups